Meet Harper

On Nov. 11, 2019, Natalie, 35, kept her 5-year-old daughter, Harper, home from school due to illness. Natalie gave her daughter a hot water bottle but unfortunately the bottle was faulty. It burst on Harper causing severe burns on her lap and legs. 

“It was the most horrific event of her life and mines too,” Natalie said.

Harper was in the hospital for five weeks. She had more than five surgeries, several blood transfusions, and x-rays for other complications that occurred while hospitalized. Harper was in excruciating pain, could not move, walk or go to the bathroom. She had reoccurring infections and was terrified of the nurses and doctors. 

 “For me, I felt hopeless not being able to take her pain away and guilty for giving her the hot water bottle in the first place,” Natalie said.

Harper survived her burns and continues to heal physically and emotionally.

Natalie would like people to know that surviving a burn or caregiving for a burn patient requires a lot of patience. Natalie said the horrible incident helped her realize to cherish every moment of life. Everything can change in a second. Value your health. Value the happy moments. Value the calm. Value all aspects of life that make you smile,” she said.

Meet More Survivors

Meet Michelle S.

“It was the Fourth of July in 2019, and my friends and family were enjoying the fireworks when someone at the neighboring property set off fireworks that went awry. 100 feet away from me, a high-velocity aerial rocket discharged horizontally

Read More
Meet Mia F.

Mia was enjoying her senior year at West Virginia University in Morgantown, WV and getting ready for her typical Sunday activities, meeting with her Alpha Xi Delta sorority sisters and studying at the library for an upcoming exam. Mid-day rolled

Read More
Meet Zayden

Zaydan was only 18 months old when he fell into an inground fire pit after his older brother scared him. He was burned all over both of his hands and arms with some burns on his leg. This led to

Read More
Meet Tonya

It was December 17, 2018, when Tonya was burned while her and her husband were cooking dinner at their at-home fire pit. She went inside to grab some steaks to place on the grates added to the fire pit to

Read More
Meet Theresa

Our “SUnShine of the Day”🌞 is a courageous & resilient burn survivor, Theresa! May her story be a reminder of how precious life is & that you’re capable of overcoming any obstacle that comes your way. On 3/27/20, while sitting

Read More
Meet Samuel O.

Samuel was burned as a toddler, barely a year old, when hot water from the iron poured down the right side of his face. His bottom eyelid was damaged, and he still bears the scar of this childhood burn injury.

Read More

Make A Donation