Meet Landjina

Landjina is a burn survivor and entrepreneur who created her own clothing brand, “Burn Survivor On the Rise”. The brand is all about reminding burn survivors that their scars are a reminder of what they went through and that they are alive for a reason, so it is time to live life at its fullest.

Landjina was 7 years old, she was getting ready to go to school in her home in Haiti when her dress got caught in a kerosene lamp and lit up. One of the most difficult parts of her recovery was accepting that her scars do not make her worthless.

Over time, Landjina learned to love and accept herself. One way she practices self-confidence is by not covering her scars. She feels empowered by this as it serves as a reminder that she is strong every single day.

We are inspired by Landjina’s self-confidence and mission to empower other burn survivors!

Meet More Survivors

Meet Michelle S.

“It was the Fourth of July in 2019, and my friends and family were enjoying the fireworks when someone at the neighboring property set off fireworks that went awry. 100 feet away from me, a high-velocity aerial rocket discharged horizontally

Read More
Meet Mia F.

Mia was enjoying her senior year at West Virginia University in Morgantown, WV and getting ready for her typical Sunday activities, meeting with her Alpha Xi Delta sorority sisters and studying at the library for an upcoming exam. Mid-day rolled

Read More
Meet Zayden

Zaydan was only 18 months old when he fell into an inground fire pit after his older brother scared him. He was burned all over both of his hands and arms with some burns on his leg. This led to

Read More
Meet Tonya

It was December 17, 2018, when Tonya was burned while her and her husband were cooking dinner at their at-home fire pit. She went inside to grab some steaks to place on the grates added to the fire pit to

Read More
Meet Theresa

Our “SUnShine of the Day”🌞 is a courageous & resilient burn survivor, Theresa! May her story be a reminder of how precious life is & that you’re capable of overcoming any obstacle that comes your way. On 3/27/20, while sitting

Read More
Meet Samuel O.

Samuel was burned as a toddler, barely a year old, when hot water from the iron poured down the right side of his face. His bottom eyelid was damaged, and he still bears the scar of this childhood burn injury.

Read More

Make A Donation